About Karen Murray
Associate Appraiser of Personal Property
Karen Murray is an appraisal associate of National Appraisal Consultants, LLC, and is a member of the International Society of Appraisers. She has been involved in antiques and auctions for most of her life, having grown up working in a family owned auction house. She went on to teach elementary school and raise a family, but felt a calling to return to appraising and the world of antiques and collectibles. She has successfully completed core course training with the ISA and is current in her USPAP designation. She is currently working on completion of the Antiques & Residential Contents Course with ISA. In addition to the research and appraisal work she does with NAC, Karen is the owner and buyer for an online vintage décor shop. She also assists at several local auction companies. She is a generalist appraiser with specific interest in pottery, ceramics and art.
- Associate Appraiser: National Appraisal Consultants, LLC (January 2015-Present)
- Owner/Buyer for Online Vintage Shop: www.PixieVintageHome.etsy.com (February 2015-Present)
- Auction Administrative Assistant: Spring City, PA (2014-present)
- Office Assistant/Auction Clerk (1985-1993) Branchville, NJ
Education & Training
- ISA Core Course, Montreal CA May
Successfully competed training in methodology, terminology and principles in developing and reporting personal property appraisal reports.
- Satisfactorily Completed National USPAP 2016-17 (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice)
- Cabrini College, Radnor, PA (1993-1996)
Graduate Studies – Certification/Master’s Degree Program
- PA Certification in Elementary Education, May 1996Trenton State College (1987-1991)
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, May 1991
Dean’s List, Cum Laude